MSU Extension in Roosevelt County
Confetti Bean Salad
• 1 15-ounce can of red or black beans
• 1 11-ounce can corn
• 1 cup salsa
1) Rinse beans under cold running water and drain thoroughly.
2) Rinse corn under cold running water and drain thoroughly.
3) Combine beans, corn, and salsa in medium sized bowl.
4) Mix all ingredients together.
5) Scoop with baked tortilla chips, cut-up raw vegetables, or whole grain crackers.
Yield: Makes 6 half-cup servings
• To reduce sodium, use fresh rather than prepared salsa.
• Substitute fresh or frozen cooked corn for canned.
• Include chopped cilantro or parsley for added flavor.
• Mix in low-fat or other cheese cubes for added calcium and protein.
• Mix in other vegetables , such as chopped peppers (green, red, orange, or yellow) or onions.
Serving Size: ½ cup Total Carb: 24 g
Calories: 117 Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Total Fat: 0.5 g Sodium: 734 mg
Saturated Fat: 0.0 g Protein: 6 g
Trans Fat: 0.0 g Iron: 1.0 mg
The programs of the MSU Extension Service are available to all people regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status. Issued in furtherance of cooperative extension work in agriculture and home economics, acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Dr. Douglas Steele, Vice Provost and Director, Extension Service, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717.
Montana State University Extension Service is an ADA/EO/AA/Veteran's Preference Employer and educational outreach provider.